The purpose of the ECE Diversity & Inclusion Committee is to contribute positively to an environment that welcomes and embraces all perspectives to create a diverse and inclusive learning community for the next generation of engineers.
Our objectives include:
Understand and report how well we are doing with regard to diversity and inclusion. This includes:
- Quantitative studies (climate survey).
- Examination of peer-reviewed literature regarding diversity and inclusion.
- Providing an environment where students, staff, and faculty are comfortable describing personal and potentially difficult experiences.
Educate, empower, and lead the department in a cultural shift that prioritizes and facilitates diversity and inclusion.
- We will provide the information, resources, and leadership to bring change.
- We are developing long-term strategies and will continually strive for improvement.
Within the ECE Department, we aspire to be a welcoming and inclusive learning community. We are committed to developing the resources and processes to have difficult conversations, where we can listen and learn from each other and grow as a community.
We welcome your input. Please reach out to members of the ECE Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
The committee members are:
Paul Ampadu, Scott Bailey, Arthur Ball, Christina DiMarino, Dong Dong, Laura Villada Esquivel, Kayla Farrow, Celina Gallegos, Nicole Gholston, Luke Lester, Lenny Smith, Yong Xu, and Wei Zhou