Ryan M. Gerdes
Mailing Address:Virginia Tech Research Center - Arlington
900 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22203
Cybersecurity, embedded and control systems security, and cyber-physical systems.
Operation of autonomous systems in unknown, uncertain, and adversarial environments, device fingerprinting, embedded systems security, sensor security, controls security, cybersecurity, and cyber-physical systems security.
Grants and Projects:
- NSF TWC: Medium: Securing Vehicular Platooning
- NSF EARS: Collaborative Research: Crowdsourcing-based Spectrum Etiquette Enforcement in Dynamic Spectrum Access
- NSF CPS: Synergy: Collaborative Research: Semi- Automated Emergency Response System
- Title: Vehicular Platooning in an Adversarial EnvironmentAuthor(s): S. Dedras, R. M. Gerdes, and R. SharmaConference: ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security (ASIACCS 2015) 2015
- Title: Attack Mitigation in Adversarial Platooning Using Detection-Based Sliding Mode ControlAuthor(s): I. Sajjad, D. D. Dunn, R. Sharma, R. M. GerdesConference: ACM Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security and Privacy (CPS-SPC 2015) 2015
- Title: Demonstration of a False-data Injection Attack Against an FMCW RadarAuthor(s): R. Chauhan, R. M. Gerdes and K. HeaslipConference: In Proceedings of Embedded Security in Cars Conference (ESCAR 2014) 2014
- Title: An efficiency-motivated attack against autonomous vehicular transportationAuthor(s): R. M. Gerdes, C. Winstead, and K. HeaslipConference: Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC 2013) 2013
- Title: Physical-layer Detection of Hardware KeyloggersAuthor(s): R. M. Gerdes and S. MallickConference: International Symposium on Research in Attacks, Intrusions and Defenses (RAID 2015) 2015
- Title: Remote Activation of Hardware Trojans via a Covert Temperature ChannelAuthor(s): P. Dash, C. Perkins*, and R. M. GerdesConference: Conference on Security and Privacy in Communication Networks (SECURECOMM 2015) 2015