The undergraduate minor in cybersecurity is a College of Engineering program, principally focused on students majoring in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, but is open to any student able to meet the necessary prerequisites.
To apply for the cybersecurity minor and view application deadlines, please visit the Department of Engineering Education and fill out a College of Engineering Minor Application.
The official checksheet for the minor is found at The Office of the Registrar.
Two Minor Core Courses
One Network Course from This List
- ECE 4564: Network Application Design
- CS 4244: Internet Software Development
- CS 4254: Computer Network Arch and Programming
- ECE 4614: Telecommunication Networks
One Systems Course from This List
One Interdisciplinary Course from This List
- ACIS 4684: Information Systems Security and Assurance
- FIN 4014: Internet, Electronic, and Online Law
- MATH 4175: Cryptography I
- MATH 4176: Cryptography II
One Additional Course from any of the Networks, Systems, or Interdisciplinary Lists
In addition to the one required course from each area, one additional course is required, and may be any one of the courses listen in any of the three given areas.