Short Courses, Seminars, & Workshops
- Short courses are offered year-round by many of our research groups.
- ECE offers symposiums and workshops in power electronics, wireless communications, and optical technology among others.
- Custom courses and programs are available.
- Many of the technical areas and research groups hold weekly seminars. These are open to industrial visitors.
Graduate & Certificate Programs, Courses
- Graduate programs are offered on-site in Blacksburg and in the greater Washington, D.C., metro area.
- Professional certificate programs in information technology areas are offered on-site in the greater Washington, D.C., metro area.
- Professionals can take up to 12 credits without being part of a degree or certificate program. See the Cardinal Education program (formerly Commonwealth Graduate Engineering Program (CGEP) ).
A fully accredited online degree or certificate in Information Technology is available with modules in communications, networking, computer engineering, software developments, business information systems, and decision support systems. See the Virginia Tech MIT program.
Regularly offered video and distance courses can be arranged at corporate sites. Please contact the Cardinal Education administrator at email@example.com.
Video and online courses are available through VTonline. Courses include C++, energy systems, and a variety of courses in communications, computer engineering, and electromagnetics.
Many on-site courses in Blacksburg and the greater Washington, D.C., metro area are available through distance learning.
A fully accredited online Master of Information Technology and certificate program is available.