- Ph.D., University of Toronto, 2011
- M.Sc., University of Manitoba, 2007
- B.Sc., Sharif University of Technology, 2005
- Power systems
- Power electronics
- Electric machines
- HVDC and FACTS
- Grid/microgrid integration of inverter-based renewables, especially in low-inertia systems, as grid-forming inverters.
- High-performance controls, including machine learning for black-boxed systems.
- Cybersecurity of communication-based control and protection methods using 5G and beyond.
- 2018: IEEE PES Outstanding Young Engineer Award
- 2018: ASEE PNW Outstanding Teaching Award
- 2017: IEEE Mac E. Van Valkenburg Early Career Teaching Award
- 2017: WSU EECS Early Career Excellence in Research Award
- 2015: IEEE PES PSDP Technical Committee Working Group Recognition Award
- 2011: NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Award